After spending the weekend in Edinburgh, I spent the rest of my inter-semester break exploring London and some towns nearby. The whole week was a blast -- I'd go back in a heartbeat! This post is pretty much a big picture dump, but some of the highlights from the trip were:
- Meeting up with a good friend who was in London for a night on her way to Italy
- Dining at Dishoom, the top-rated restaurant in London with >15,000 positive Yelp reviews
- Enjoying the musical, Once, starring Ronan Keating
- Spending an afternoon with my wonderful cousins
- Catching up with a DC friend who recently moved back to London
- Wandering through Portabello Market near Notting Hill
- Having afternoon tea with some lovely folks
- Attending a British stand-up comedy show
- Tasting legit English scones, fish and chips, and meat pies
- Exploring Windsor Castle
- Visiting Bath
- Wandering around Cambridge
Hanging out in London
 |
| Cousins!! |
 |
| Dishoom...fantastic Indian food! |
 |
| Mmmm Dishoom... |
 |
| Up on the set of Once during intermission! |
 |
| Portabello mushrooms for sale at Portabello Market! |
 |
| Afternoon tea...inside a hotel with stained glass windows saying NY Deli? (We were confused too.) |
 |
| Hungarian desserts, tea sandwiches, and scones with clotted cream...yum! |
 |
| Excited for fish 'n chips! |
Solo Day Trip to Windsor Castle
Solo Day Trip to Cambridge
Group Day Trip to Bath
 |
In front of the Royal Crescent
 |
| Photo courtesy of Charlotte :) |
 |
| Fantastic lunch in Bath |
|
 |
| Abbey at Bath |
 |
| View of the Abbey from inside the Roman Baths museum |
 |
| Ancient Roman Baths! |
 |
| Very informative tour of the Roman Baths! |
 |
| Tasting the spring water feeding the Roman Baths |
 |
| Sharing a meat pie at a pub in Bath before heading back to London! |
So that's my picture tour of the UK! I'm actually posting this while I'm off on another trip, this time to Croatia. Yes, we have vacation again after just a week of class. And yes, I agree that it's totally crazy. But since this year off (mini-retirement, as a friend once put it) is about not just studying French but also traveling as much as I possibly can, I can't help but take advantage of it. Lots of pictures to come!
Ahhh! I want to be there, too! Also, you're adorable. Also, your boyfriend is adorable. Also, I miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou have another couple weeks to visit!!
Delete